Monday, March 28, 2011

Puss in Boots and a baby shower...

(I know this is very random - these two events are not even related except they happened days apart from each other. Actually, I didn't want to do two separate posts.)

Lizzie walks out of her room, one Sunday afternoon, and says, "I am... Puss in Boots".
Decked out with boots, hat and sword.
Look closely - she even has the mustache and beard!
Lizzie is definitely our comic relief. :)



And now to the baby shower. A good friend of mine was having a baby so I threw her a baby shower. (She is the one in the first picture - she didn't realize I was taking a picture.) I wouldn't normally post about someone else's shower but I wanted to show off the refreshment table. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute. She did her nursery in brown and green with frogs as her theme, so I wanted to bring that to the shower. I added a hint of blue.

Brown and green refreshments.
The card you see to the left with blue letters was the invitation. It turned out darling, but took way to long to make. If I had taken a close up picture of the invite you would completely understand.

Last but not least, lime sherbet punch...de-lish!

About a month later Andrew Aiden Herrera was born. I got to witness the birth - so fascinating!

My good friend and new mommy - Shanon.

1 comment:

Chuckleheads said...

ha ha ha...Lizzie is great. She actually DOES look like Puss in Boots.

And great job on the baby shower. The refreshment table looks wonderful! You are so creative.