Friday, February 25, 2011

Ray's big surprise and AWESOME party!



I can't remember the order to post pictures - last first, first last ??? You may have to read this post backwards. :) Months ago, I had decided to throw Ray a surprise birthday party for his 40th birthday. Soon after, he decided that HE wanted to have a birthday party - which I went along with, because it is so much easier to have his help that to do everything in secret. So thus the planning began. As we looked at our calendar and the stake calendar, we realized that stake temple day was scheduled the friday before his birthday and our stake chapel session was at 5:30pm. The next day, Saturday, Ray had meetings starting at 4:00 and we had the adult session at 7:00pm. We couldn't compete with that. We could possibly have the party on Sunday but that restricted us to exactly what we would be able to do. The week before was not available nor was the week after. We have given up on the notion of having the party when two things happened. First, we were informed that there was a mix up at the temple and they had to move our chapel session to 2:30 which left the evening free and second, Jason called me right before our trip to California asking what I thought about having Jenna fly out for Ray's birthday. Absolutely, I told him. So, after a few hurdles we, Jenna and I, pulled it off! Ray had no idea that Jenna was coming. I didn't even tell my kids until the day she was flying in and after Ray left for work so they would slip on the secret.
Here are the fabulous signs that Jenna whipped out the day she got here and the Katie and Lizzie adding some final touches.

No comments: